Mothers Of Lost Children – Indiana

Support for Noncustodial Indiana Moms

Archive for October 2008

Welcome to Mothers Of Lost Children – Indiana

Welcome.  If you have visited our site because you are finding yourself in the middle of contested child custody litigation or have lost your children, you have our most heartfelt sympathies.  Roughly 80% of divorces in our country involve uncontested custody determinations in which both parties agree it is best for the children to reside primarily with their mother in her continued primary care-taking role. It is the other 20% of contested custody cases that the family court gets involved in and usually the results are horrific.

Because of the pervasiveness of family violence in our country and the astounding nationwide system failure of our family courts to protect women and child victims, much of this sites’ focus is on assisting and educating protective mothers, and mother who have lost their children because of the family court system.

“Studies show batterers are able to convince authorities that the victim is unfit or undeserving of sole custody in approximately 70% of challenged cases. ” (American Judges Association)

“Fathers who batter mothers are 2 times more likely to seek sole physical custody of their children than are non-violent fathers.” (APA1996, p. 40.)

For the abuser, the courtroom is the last tool in his toolbox to control and abuse his victims. It is our goal to reverse this trend for the benefit of our children and our nation’s future as a peaceful, non-violent society.   Additionally, as we work to change the systematic removal of mothers from children’s lives, we can support each other through this struggle, and support each others efforts to try and be good mothers to our children, even in our limited capacity.

Written by mothersoflostchildren

October 19, 2008 at 11:12 am

News from the Original MOLC-Indianapolis Site

leave a comment »

1.  Read the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR Weekly) (February 8, 2008 / 57(05); 113-117).  Topic is Adverse Health Conditions and Health Risk Behaviors Associated with Intimate Partner Violence — United States, 2005.  Follow the link: CDC MMWR Weekly Report

2.  Listen to NPR’s investigative piece,”Evaluators in Child-Custody Cases Scrutinized” (8 minutes) by Alix Spiegel & featuring Dr. Reena Sommer.  Please go to:

3.  Indiana State Code gives you access to your children’s records!  Please see:
Accessing Your Children’s Records

Written by mothersoflostchildren

October 19, 2008 at 11:00 am